During the next few weeks, I will post some articles in the forms of chapters of a book about flat figures. These articles gonna cover everything from how and where to buy these small fellows, how to choose among what is available, different techinques of painting them untill the time of dispalying them. In addition, every chapter is gonna contain a selection of photos from well known or not so well know artists, demonstrating different techinqures or simply dispalying amazingly painted flats.
Here is a sample of what is coming up.
30mm figure from the Landshuter Hochzeit (1400 - 1500) range by Golberg.
- Chapter 1 : Buying Figures
- Chapter 2 : References
- Chapter 3 : Materials
- Chapter 4 : Preparation
- Chapter 5 : General Thoughts about Painting
- Chapter 6 : Enamels / Gouaches / Acrylics
- Chapter 7 : Artist’ Oils
- Chapter 8 : Painting Flesh
- Chapter 9 : The Dreadful Black & White
- Chapter 10 : The Reds & Purples
- Chapter 11 : The Blues & Greens
- Chapter 12 : The Yellows & Oranges
- Chapter 13 : Replicating Metal
- Chapter 14 : Special Materials
- Chapter 15 : Embroideries & Details
- Chapter 16 : Painting Animals
- Chapter 17 : Finishes & Varnishes
- Chapter 18 : Displaying
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2
- Appendix 3